Immaculate Heart of Mary School incorporates the Course of Study developed and approved by the Division of Catholic Schools for the Archdiocese of Baltimore. This broad-based approach also follows the National Catholic Standards of Education.
Schoolwide Academic Subjects
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Physical Education
- Instrumental Music (optional, grades 4-8)
Some additional quick facts about our academics:
- Our Catholic faith is the focal point of our education process, and it is woven across our entire curriculum.
- All students take Religion classes and attend Mass once a week.
- Currently, students in grades 3 - 8 utilize a 1:1 technology program. The entire building is wireless; laptops are also available for students in grades PreK thru 3rd.
- Our resource center employs a full-time Resource Teacher. This teacher is available for extra assistance and enrichment.
A closer look at our Catholic School Academics Program:
Curriculum - The curriculum at IHM is designed to prepare students to be Catholic, High School, College, and Career ready. Each course of study is designed to foster students’ Catholic identity, shaping them to be models of Christian living for others. To learn more please view our curriculum page.
Student Performance - Student Performance is measured at IHM by our students development academically, spiritually, and physically. At IHM we are devoted to educating the next leaders in our community. To learn about our students please visit our student performance page.
Technology - Technology is integrated into each classroom at IHM, helping our students to become digital citizens that are leaders in creativity, innovation, communication and collaboration. To learn more about technology in the classroom please visit our technology page.
Signature Programs - At IHM there is something for everyone! From academic programs to extracurricular activities there are signature programs that you can only find here to our school. To learn more please visit our signature programs page.
Academic Enrichment - For students who excel in academic subjects such as Math, English, or Science IHM offers additional academic subjects for them. To learn more please visit our academic enrichment page.
Before & After School Programs - For families that need before and after school care, IHM has our own before and after school program called beyond the bell. To learn more please visit our before & after school program page.